Create the Perfect Pout: Wear Bold Colored Lips with ConfidenceNovember 10, 2014 / #goconfidently
Fall is here and makeup pallets now feature anything from sultry bronzes to brightest berry. However, no look is complete without a bold lip applied with the most perfect lipstick application; and lucky for you, creating the perfect pout is easier than you think!
This autumn, dare to exude confidence with deep reds, golden browns, pale pinks, or even a daring purple; and always remember to choose shades that compliment your skin tone and hair color.
Make Lipstick Last: Creating a Smooth Canvas for Your Perfect Lipstick Application
Before you get started, you need to prep your lips. We’ve outlined some tricks for the perfect lipstick application.
- Prep your lips by exfoliating the dry skin off of them. Gently rub petroleum jelly on your lips with a soft-bristled toothbrush for about 2 minutes. Removing the dead, dry skin will create a smooth base for the color. This is an important step because it will make lipstick last longer.
- Repair and Moisturize: Apply lip balm to your lips and allow for it to seep in before you apply your makeup. Creating the perfect pout takes time. A good way to make sure you’ve waited long enough is to apply the lip balm first and then continue on with the rest of your makeup routine.
- Seal the Deal: Use a silicone-based makeup primer around your lip line to prevent dark colors from feathering or bleeding out of your lip line. Primer is an essential step in helping to make lipstick last.
- Line It Up: Match your lip liner to your lipstick; it is equally important to apply this liner to the entire lip, not just the edges; using a lip liner will not only help define your lips, but it will also help set a border for the lipstick. The perfect lipstick application takes precision and patience.
- Apply Like a Pro: Apply two coats of your lipstick of choice for even coverage. Dab lightly with a tissue to remove any excess color.
Set the Scene
Don’t let noticeable hair on your upper lip distract from your bold, beautiful color choice. Use Jolen Creme Bleach to minimize the appearance of unwanted hair so your lipstick can shine through.
Not sure what color is right for you? Check out the 10 Best & Brightest Lip Colors For Fall from glo.com. At the end of the day, a perfect lipstick application is only a minor step to creating the perfect pout because the focus will always be on your smile.